I can't enable the Move to Next year button. How do I do this?
Directions for customers who used the program during the 2020/2021 academic year but haven't migrated yet.
Migrate is the term we use for Move to Next Year.
Step 1: Verify your current year is 2020/2021.
On your admin home page if the Compose Mode is set to Off you should see the current year as 2010/2021. With the Compose Mode set to On you should see Create Classes for 2021/2022. See image below.
Click on any image to expand the view.
Step 2: Verify the placement of students in each class is correct one grade level at a time.
For each grade level:
- Verify that the Finalized toggle is set to No.
- Select the red New Grade button for each grade level.
- If the student placement is not current:
- Go back to the Home page and select Finalized > Yes.
- Repeat for all the grade levels. See Incoming and highest grade level instructions below.
Step 3: Finalize the Incoming "grade level."
Our Incoming capability is a new feature we released in the spring of 2021. You won't have students in this grade level but you will still have to go through the steps to enable the system to mark this grade level as finalized. To do this:
- Click the red View New button that appears in the Incoming card on your Home page.
- Click on the Compose button. It will work even without students.
- Go back to the Home page and mark this grade level as finalized.
Step 4: Finalize the highest grade level.
Follow the same steps for Incoming and finalize the highest grade level. Please visit this article to learn more: Compose Options for the Highest Grade Level.
Step 5: Move to Next Year
After all the grade levels are finalized the Move to Next Year button will be enabled. It will turn green to signify this. Select the button. All the students will move to this current year - 2021/2022.
Step 6: Create Classes for 2022/2023
Turn the Compose Mode to On.
If you're teachers are involved in the process ensure Teacher Compose mode is enabled. Teachers can now log in, grade their students, run Compose, and Submit their version to you. The process repeats.